First publishedon www.ITSInternational.com
French electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer Groupil Industrie is using Geotab’s connected fleet management platform to optimise its fleet.
Geotab, a UK connected transportation firm, says its platform will provide Groupil with access to technical vehicle and battery management data to improve its overall suite of manufactured EVs.
Edward Kulperger, vice president of Geotab for Europe, says: “We believe that the fleet industry is poised for mass EV adoption, which is critical for not only ensuring improved overall air quality in our communities but for increasing
efficiencies when it comes to routing goods and people through our cities.”
The partnership will help increase adoption and realise health and sustainable transportation benefits, Kulperger adds.
As part of the agreement, Geotab’s technology is expected to allow Groupil customers to:
● Measure real-time EV and battery specific information with configurable alerts to ensure smart vehicle usage and sustainability objectives are met.
● Send and receive EV and battery health maintenance-related alerts and updates to customer operation centres.
● Manage any warranty and vehicle usage plus charging patterns in order to improve efficiencies and facilitate smart charging.
● Encourage ‘eco-driving’ habits to improve safe and environmentally sustainable practices.
● Increase efficiency through improved fleet management across a mixed fleet environment.