ITS America has announced the list of finalists for the 2015 Best of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Awards which recognises the most innovative projects and influential achievements in the high-tech transportation community.
The Best of ITS Awards recognises organisations whose projects have demonstrated specific and measurable outcomes and exemplified innovation by establishing a “new dimension” of performance.
Finalists will be recognised and the winners announced during the Opening Plenary session at the 25th ITS America Annual Meeting & Exposition on Monday, June 1, 2015 from 9:00 – 10:30am at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The finalists are:
Best New Innovative Product, Service or Application
- Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority: “Capital Metro BRT, Real-Time Data & Mobile Ticketing App”
- Oregon Department of Transportation: “OR 217 Active Traffic Management”
- Xerox: “Xerox Vehicle Passenger Detection System”
- Drivewyze: “Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I) Communication”
Best New Innovative Practice – Partnership Deployment
- Florida Department of Transportation: “SunGuide Software and Waze Traffic Feed Integration”
- Cubic Transportation Systems: “Chicago Transit Authority Ventra Update: Open and Loving It”
- Oregon Department of Transportation: “Oregon Interoperability Service”
Best New Innovative Practice – Research, Design and Innovation
- Southwest Research Institute: ” Connected Automation to Enhance Work Zone Safety”
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and Honda R&D Americas, Inc.: “Honda and Qualcomm DSRC-based Vehicle-to-Pedestrian (V2P) and Other Vulnerable Road User Safety Project”
- Utah Department of Transportation: “UDOT Flex Lanes Project”
Best New Innovative Practice – Sustainability in Transportation
- MetroTech: “Santa Clara County Deployment”
- Utah Department of Transportation: “Winter Road Weather Index”
New this year, ITS America will honour a Best New Innovative Startup Company. The winner will be announced along with the best new product, service or application and best new practice awards at the ITS Annual Meeting. The category of Best New Innovative Practice – Rural ITS Project will be honoured at the National Rural ITS (NRITS) Conference taking place in Snowbird, Utah, August 9-12, 2015. For more information on the NRITS event, visit www.nationalruralitsconference.org.