Nine names have been added to the ITS Hall of Fame at this year’s Detroit World Congress with the Lifetime Achievement, Local Government and Industry sectors each gaining three new members.
Those honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award during the Opening Ceremony were:
- Mr. Lyle Saxton, director of the FHWA Office of Safety and Traffic Operations R&D (Retired)
- Mr. Heinz Sodeikat, principal, AHS Management Consulting
- Mr. Taro Ishi, councillor and senior visiting researcher at Waseda University Following today’s first Plenary Session, Local Government Awards will be given out to:
- Mississippi Department of Transportation
- Transport for London
- TfL, United Kingdom
- Ministry of Transport, New Zealand
After the second Plenary Session on Tuesday the Industry Award will be given to:
- Korea Expressway.