Isabelle Alfano Exhibition Director CARTES Network
A message from Isabelle Alfano, Exhibition Director, CARTES Network
‘Users on the move’ is the central theme of this year’s show. A great number of services, devices and systems are built around a new way of life made to fit users’ mobility.
CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS is showcasing this model and in particular will be highlighting the security for confidence theme.
Exhibitors here have always developed and displayed solutions accompanying users in their daily life: at home, at work and during their leisure time. They have made security a core element of their products so that users can trust providers of the services they access. Over time, performance and reliability of these solutions have increased, thus successfully addressing a complex challenge for today and tomorrow: to integrate and interweave security, mobility and reliability in the digital society for the benefit and freedom of users. Under this main theme, CARTES 2014 will specifically address topics such as: Security for mobility, Trusted cloud services, Biometrics, Privacy in the digital society, Innovation for payment & retail, Connectivity & intelligence… Since its creation in Paris in 1985, CARTES has become the industry’s premier show – and next week it will bring together 450 exhibitors who have come to present their products and services to 20,000 visitors from 140 countries.
We urge you not to miss the following attractions:
- The Opening Summit (free access), which will launch the event bringing together major industry leaders, discussing the latest trends and innovations, followed by 120 conferences gathering over 1,600 participants over three days.
- The SESAMES Awards, the unchallenged hallmarks of excellence, will once again reward the industry’s best innovations in 11 categories.
- The Connected Commerce Area, a dedicated area of 200m² allowing visitors to discover a new shopping experience by testing cutting-edge technologies.
- The Exhibitor Workshops, which will increase your knowledge of products, apps and techniques around key themes such as innovative payments, mobile commerce, NFC, smart cities, e-wallets and e-money, security and identity.
- For the first time this year, thanks to the Startup Challenge, today’s entrepreneurs and tomorrow’s big players can gain visibility, secure financial support and have preferential access to the market they target.
- And also making its debut, CARTES and the innovation agency Fabernovel have the pleasure of presenting the Digital Showcase, a place for live experiences and learning where participants will be able to test and understand the technologies that will make up tomorrow’s world. You will be able to handle and test connected technologies and objects, such as Google Glass, Square, Leap Motion and many more.
So we hope you have a great CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS 2014 – and don’t forget to check out our country of honour, the United Arab Emirates, and discover throughout the event the opportunities that this country, at the forefront of connectivity, offers the industry in the field of digital security.