The IBTTA Foundation – the educational and charitable arm of the tolling organisation - has announced scholarships for five college students pursuing transport-related undergraduate or graduate degrees.
The $5,000 bursaries - one of which is allocated for a student attending an Historically Black College or University (HBCU) - are designed "to support and encourage future transportation leaders in their college studies".
The 2022 IBTTA Foundation Scholarship Recipients are:
• Emily Mank from Preston, Md., studying for a master’s degree in civil engineering at Florida State University.
• Bryce Montgomery from Pacific Grove, Calif., studying for a bachelor’s degree in information technology at the University of California, Santa Cruz
• Jasmine Platt from Boise, Idaho, studying for a doctoral degree in public policy and administration at Boise State University.
• Patrice Sterling from Bluefield, W.V., studying for a bachelor’s degree in computer science at Bluefield State University.
• Min Joo Yoo from Los Angeles, Calif., studying for a bachelor’s degree in both aerospace engineering and accounting at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles.
“We are thrilled to award these scholarships to these future leaders in transportation and mobility,” said Jim Wilson, board chair of the IBTTA Foundation and senior vice president at TransCore.
“The scholarships represent the core of the IBTTA Foundation’s mission to advance programs that strengthen awareness of career opportunities and promote current and future leaders in mobility and transportation.”
Diane Gutierrez-Scaccetti, commissioner, New Jersey DoT and 2022 IBTTA president, said: “IBTTA recognises the importance of supporting higher education and mentorship to strengthen our industry, which these scholarships represent.
She added: “These scholarships also reflect our commitment to fostering diversity in the industry by encouraging and supporting students attending HBCUs.”
The 2022 scholarship recipients will be recognised during a special ceremony at IBTTA’s 90th Annual Meeting & Exhibition in Austin, TX on Tuesday, 20 September.