Andrew Fremier, boss of the Bay Area Toll Authority, is the new president of IBTTA this year, taking over from Diane Gutierrez-Scaccetti of New Jersey Department of Transportation.
Fremier's appointment was announced along with all the other IBTTA officers for 2023, who will each serve a one-year term.
They comprise the executive committee of the tolling organisation's board, which oversees IBTTA affairs in between board meetings.
Who are IBTTA's officers for 2023?
The 2023 Officers were elected by the membership during IBTTA’s 90th Annual Meeting & Exhibition in September:
• President: Andrew Fremier, PE, Deputy Executive Director of the Bay Area Toll Authority (BATA) and Deputy Executive Director, Operations, of the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC).
• First Vice President: Bill M. Halkias, PE, President Emeritus of Hellastron and Immediate Past President of the International Road Federation (IRF).
• Second Vice President: James Hofmann, Executive Director/CEO of the North Texas Tollway Authority.
• International Vice President: Christophe Boutin, Executive Director of ASFA.
• Immediate Past President: Diane Gutierrez-Scaccetti, Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Transportation.
“IBTTA’s board of directors, led by the officers, are responsible for charting the vision and course of the association,” said Pat Jones, IBTTA executive director and CEO.
“That vision is to promote improvements in vital road infrastructure around the world through sustainable funding, financing, and charging solutions that the tolling industry is known for. Now more than ever we need strong leadership to advance that vision, and we are fortunate to have officers with the passion and expertise to do that.”
Who has been re-elected?
Several directors also were elected for the first time or re-elected to the board for terms beginning 1 January, 2023:
• Amanda Baxter, Transurban (newly elected)
• Jeffrey Miller, West Virginia Parkways Authority (newly elected)
• María Moreno, Seopan
• René Moser, Asfinag
• Lori Silveira, Ritba (newly elected)
• Tim Sturick, Thousand Islands Bridge Authority
IBTTA says the board of directors "sets the strategic direction of the association, approves the association outcomes to be accomplished, and assures that the resources necessary for the achievement of desired outcomes are available and used efficiently".
It includes five officers and 20 directors from agencies and tolling operators from around the world.