Silje Troseth, Q-Free vice president APAC and general manager Australia, has been elected president of ITS Australia.
The first woman to hold the position, she replaces Dean Zabrieszach following the conclusion of his six-year term; he will remain on the organisation's board.
ITS Australia called the appointment of Troseth, who has been a board director since 2018, a "significant milestone".
Troseth says: "I aim to cultivate an environment where our diverse perspectives flourish, ideas thrive, and collaboration guides everything we do, during a period of great opportunity for the intelligent transport sector in Australia."
She acknowledged the "outstanding contribution" of Zabrieszach, and thanked him for his "dedication and wisdom".
ITS Australia veteran Brian Negus has left the board after 16 years, and Troseth said: “I pay special tribute to Brian Negus for his contribution to the ITS Australia board as a past president and significantly, in chairing the committee for the very successful ITS World Congress in Melbourne in 2016 – an event that has left a lasting legacy on Australia’s ITS sector.
For the first time, two board members were voted in as co-vice-presidents, with Jeremy Nassau from Transurban joining Dennis Walsh from the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads, who was re-elected to the role.
ITS Australia CEO Susan Harris says: "These appointments send a strong message about our sector’s commitment to industry and government working collaboratively to deliver ITS solutions for Australia."
Rita Excell of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Scott Benjamin of WSP were the newest elected members of the board after last week's annual general meeting.
Harris said they would "bring outstanding and fresh perspectives to the ITS Australia board".
Who is on the ITS Australia board?
Elected board members:
• Mr Scott Benjamin – WSP
• Ms Segolene Deeley – Keolis Downer
• Mr Richard Delplace – Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (FCAI)
• Ms Rita Excell – Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Mr Fred Kalt – Yunex Traffic
• Mr Andrew Paynter – Transmax Pty Ltd
• Mr Dennis Walsh (Vice-President) – Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads
They will join ongoing members of the board:
• Ms Silje Troseth – Q-Free Australia (President)
• Mr Lewis Clark – Transport for NSW
• Prof Fang Chen – UTS Sydney
• Mr Scott Fennelly – Main Roads Western Australia
• Mr Jeremy Nassau – Transurban
• Ms Catherine Rooney – Department of Transport Victoria
• Prof Majid Sarvi – The University of Melbourne
• Mr Dean Zabrieszach – HMI Technologies